Saturday, October 6, 2012

Thing # 6: Google/ iTunes

The Web 2.0 Award nominees winner is..............There is a tie between Google and iTunes. The reason for the tie is because I use both of them often and there is no way that I can choose. As a future teacher, I will use them in my classroom a lot.

GOOGLE:
 I chose Google because it is a great way to search for anything and get results quickly. Google is the most commonly used search engine. Google features include pictures, videos, blogs, news, maps, and other options. I will definitely use Google inside my classroom because it will allow to access any subject matter that I will be teaching my students. I can use Google to show my students animations and videos of any subject matter in history, geography, and much more. It will be a great way to step away from the textbook and allow students to get a better visual of the subject.

 www.google.com/help/features.html



iTunes:                    
Music is an art of sound that expresses emotions and ideas. Children enjoy listening to music. I chose iTunes because I definitely want to incorporate music in my Social Studies classroom. When teaching about World History, I want my students to listen to the music of each era. During the lecture about culture, using iTunes would be a great way for my students to hear a variety of selections of music from the past and the present. iTunes offers cool features such as browsing so that you can search for the music that you are looking for. iTunes is easy to access and purchase if necessary. iTunes is very easy to import to a Cd, computer, or an mp3 player. iTunes is a great way to hear any genre of music whenever you want. 

www.apple.com/itunes/features/

No comments:

Post a Comment